Here are some common questions about FSC.
What is The Fulfillment Source Code (FSC)?
- FSC is a course.
- FSC is the fundamental scientific WHYs, for human fulfillment.
- FSC is what I wish I was taught when I was 10
- FSC is the latest iteration of compiling over a million hours of hard scientific data.
- FSC is the latest in neurology, biology, psychology, nutrition and more… in kid-friendly format
- FSC was initially a labor of love for my daughter, because I didn’t want her to take the usual path of studying 12-20 years and graduating thinking she knew what she needed in order to be happy and fulfilled…. Only to find life is a lot harder than she thought AND THEN start trying to figure things out.
Why should I care? aka What will I, or my child, get out of the FSC?
- Through FSC, you (or your child) will absolutely increase your/their chances to leading a fulfilled life.
- You will arm your children with knowledge most adults don’t know (how could they? This was never taught in school)
- You will empower your kids with knowledge (scientifically evidence based) that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
Why is this designed for Tweens (10-12 year olds, Grades 5 or 6)?
The Simple Answer
- There is the small window when students are smart and mature enough to truly absorb the content while still free from the 'challenges' of puberty (hormones).
The Academic Answer
- Piaget's stages of cognitive development, the 9 to 11 year-old child has entered the period of "concrete operations.” This time span is characterized by:
1. The developing capability of organizing thought processes and use of deductive reasoning to successfully anticipate consequences.
2. The ability to sort the abstract and more complex items by recognizing similarities is developing.
3. A longer attention span has set in (30-45 minutes), and the tween enjoys mental and physical challenges.
4. The ability to form an opinion based upon presented evidence and also mastering the ability to present their own beliefs to their peers and parents.(http://www.medicinenet.com/tween_child_development/article.htm)
Why should I trust YOU?
- Technically, you don’t have to.
- Easily…~98% of all the content in FSC comes from outside experts*. All we did was bring it together, weave it into an adventure, and made it possible (aka fun) for kids to absorb the content.
- Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Oxford, and Wharton professors
- Nobel Prize Winner
- 3 time Winner of the Science in Society Journalism Award
- Dean of the Rotman School of Management at the UofToronto
- Director of the Brain Center for Applied Learning Research at Seattle Pacific University & Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Washington School of Medicine
- Professor and Social Cognitive Neuroscience Lab Director at UCLA
Professor and Chair of the Department of Neurology at the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Founder one of the world's largest hedge funds.
What is the Fulfillment Source Code's Mission | Purpose | Goal?
- Educating and Empowering Kids to Lead a Life Fulfilled
- My goal is not to “teach content”, but rather to create a medium that kids enjoy absorbing the content..
What is The Fulfillment Source Code’s Vision
- One day, FSC information will be known by EVERYONE (taught to all kids like basic math) and thereby greatly decreasing the size of the Self-Help and Opiate industries.
What are you going to do with the money?
a) We’re going to create whiteboard animations WITH an interactive layer.
- The whiteboard animation helps turn a lecture (of some guy talking) into a narrated illustrated story (which is just way cooler)
- This format also ensures consistency of content presentation. So not only will kids WANT to watch it, but the animation makes it super easy for anyone to integrate into their class/discussion.
- Finally, the interactive layer helps the teacher/parent with
- Start off questions (helping to get the kids in the right mindset and ready to absorb the info)
- FAQs (frequently asked questions) kids have had in the past
- Discussion Questions to engage the kids in a group talk thus having them integrate the info and manipulate it in ways that make the most sense to them. The more they use it the stickier it becomes
- Follow up activity/project ideas. Repetition is important to remember and anything that has the kids thinking about the information again from simply explaining the information with their parents or preparing to explain the information to younger kids.
b) The goal is for kids to absorb the content, NOT to simply teach the content…and…
c) Make FSC more accessible and MORE fun/engaging/interesting … so…
What are FSC’s Stretch Goals - if we raise MORE than the goal? NEEDS CONTENT
- One day, FSC information will be known by EVERYONE (taught to all kids like basic math)
Here are some common questions Teachers ask about FSC
What did you think the first time it was presented to you?
On first hearing about Sam’s ideas for the FSC, I was completely on board. Much of the content that Sam wanted to relay to the students related to my ideals as an educator and the values or soft skills that I try to instill in the students that I teach. What the FSC offers is a way to convey content to students in a fun, interactive and structured format.
Why do you think Kids need this?
The lessons learned in the FSC are lessons for life. If we can give children the tools early in life that can help guide them down a path of knowledge, happiness and fulfillment, then that’s exactly what we should do. Very often we go through life without understanding what is happening to us and why? The FSC gives students the opportunity to understand the world around them and why things work the way they do and what they can do to make themselves and the world a better place.
What did you think of the content and how it was presented?
While many of the concepts covered in the FSC may seem to be above the level of children, they are in fact presented in a format that it is both understandable and challenging for the students. It brings them to a higher order of thinking. The games and activities provide the opportunity for group work and interaction between students.
What would you like to say to teachers worldwide?
This is the programme that you have been waiting for. As teachers, we have hopes and aspirations for our students and beyond the academics we want them to live a long, happy and successful life. FSC is a programme that allows you as a teacher to guide students towards this life while also challenging them academically.